Thursday, August 24, 2017

The herbs at the new herb farm, have finally begun to have a life of their own! The roots that I have been toting around for the last 8 years, planting and re- planting at every place we have lived, are now old enough to be harvested! We now have a new page on Facebook, "Herbs for Outlander Fans." This page came about because of Diana Gabaldon's books; a time travelers series! The heroine is a nurse and an accidental herbalist who helps people with the only means she can dig up- plants,roots and petals! I try to duplicate some of her formula's from the book to give the readers of the series a visual look at how infusions, salves, and poultices appear during the 1600's in Scotland. We post many pictures of the farm and products that are produced from our herbs.
I highly recommend the books. A very respected herbalist from Scotland, by the name of Claire, is the advisor on the STARZ tv version of the story.
When I wrote last, my husband was very ill and suffering with the effects of his leukemia diagnosis. He is doing well, he is still in remission. We live each day as though it is our last, we enjoy our gardens and try to expand them yearly. We are optimistic about his future and hope to have many years running the herb farm.
I continue to call it an herbfarm, but it is more like a glorified garden at this time. It does provide some income. When I retire , (in 5 years) I will devote all of my days to it. I hope it will be a decent living.
Our newest products are natural, herb based, hot and cold processed soap and traditional smudge sticks. (Our long awaited crop of white sage has finally produced a goodly amount!
See you soon with more recipes and pictures! https://goo.gl/photos/rHUTiMXLhmf95kce9

No comments: