Sunday, March 13, 2011

I feel like I'm in Tuscany...

Got up early this morning, but had to literally roll out of bed onto the floor because the muscles in my body were screaming, "Are you crazy, don't you think you planted enough yesterday?" Arms, legs, rear end and back are all sore and stiff. Took a bit of valerian and some Advil before I rolled out.
Yesterday, a beautiful sunny day,we planted 24 san marzano,and beefsteak tomatoes, 2 black mulberry trees, 1 mock orange, frilly soft chervil, lemon verbena, flatleaf parsley, buttercrunch lettuce. Today green beans, more tomatoes, genovese basil, tall lemon grass, Greek oregano, white yarrow, heavenly scented lavender, rosemary, spearmint, purple bee balm, delicate St. John's Wort. Have one white climbing rose, purple echinacea, great yellow calendula, German chamomile, black cumin, and wooly mullein to put in. We also hope to plant 2 fig trees and 2 plums. Whew!
I hope my body can hold up until dusk, but as we all know, the daylight will last 1 hour longer today!
Maybe I can plant a couple of olive trees to make the illusion complete.
If I do plant the olives, to celebrate, I will open a good bottle of red italian wine, and eat simple soft goat cheese with bread for supper.
Life is good.

No comments: