Sunday, March 27, 2011

Mulberry Wheatgrass shake

I am still experimenting with healthy shakes. This morning I made one that I was almost afraid to drink, so many ingredients! But, it turned out so tasty that I have to post it.
1/2 tsp wheatgrass
1/2 tsp spirulina
6 oz of low calorie peach yogurt
1 banana
2 leaves of raw Kale
1 TB of honey
1 small handful of frozen blackberries, and mulberries. (ours were still good from last summer!) Any frozen berry will do.
1 tsp coconut extract
1 tsp of ginseng, powdered
4 ice cubes
As I started my blender I thought, "Oh my, thats a lot of stuff. Will it clash?
Nope.....
It was so good!
My husband, who like a lot of men, don't eat many raw greens, drank it easily. He said,"It makes all those hot days of berry picking worth it!"
Of course, I think this one is my best, but tomorrow I may feel differently when I experiment with pineapples.
For my friends who asked, I always buy my powdered wheat grass and spirulina from Mountain Rose Herbs. They have a reliable reputation and great organic products.

No comments: